Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sleep Over!

Chris had a business trip in Utah from Sunday through Wednesday night. Now, most of you know that I'm quite the paranoid, scaredy-cat under normal circumstances. Add me being alone in a new, oversized house and you've got a completely irrational chicken on your hands. Not good.

So Sunday I attempted my first night alone in our house. Needless to say, it did not go well. I think I slept a combined two hours. I kept hearing little noises here and there and then Shamrock would want to go outside just as I was finally falling asleep.

I was so worried I was going to have to deal with this for the next two nights on my own, when my friend, Patricia, came to the rescue. She offered to stay at my house with me! I didn't want to inconvenience her, but, at the same time, I really wanted the company. I told her she didn't have to come over, but she insisted she was fine with it, so I happily accepted her offer.

Thankfully, she spent Monday and Tuesday night with me and Shamrock. We ate, watched TV and chatted until bedtime. It reminded me of being in college when I used to do the same with my roommates. Fun times. :)

I can't tell you how grateful I am Patricia came out to McKinney to keep Shamrock and I company...and calm our fears about being alone. Thanks, Patty!!! :)


Patricia and I at the AMX Halloween Party last year

No comments:

Post a Comment