Thursday, September 24, 2009

Silly Shamrock

Shamrock woke Chris up around 2:30 AM this morning with his "scared" whimper. I, of course, didn't hear it (I was sound asleep). When Chris started to move the blankets around, I finally woke up. He said he thought Shamrock was having a hard time finding his way out from under the covers, so he kept moving the sheets and duvet around. Keep in mind it's completely dark in our room, so we weren't exactly sure where he was located.

I finally found him and noticed something peculiar. I felt Shamrock, felt his little face and tiny body, but I couldn't tell which sheet he was trapped in. Granted, I was still in a fog from just waking up, but it took me a while to figure it out.

I couldn't believe it! He was IN the duvet! I thought I was dreaming because, in my mind, there was no way he could possibly be inside the cover. There's only one way to get in and it was buttoned shut and it's usually touching the ground at the foot of the bed. Shamrock is much too small to jump onto the bed from the floor and definitely unable to do so while being confined inside a blanket. I don't know how he accomplished this strange feat, but he did it!

Chris had to unbutton the duvet and dive in to rescue him. The ordeal was over...thank goodness. Shamrock was safe and happy to be out and able to run around the bed. He hopped all over the top of the duvet like a little billy goat for about five minutes solid. We played with him, gave him kisses and then we all went back to sleep. :)

Our reenactment of Shamrock in the sheets
 (although, we didn't put him back in the duvet...that would be mean)


Awwww. I never get tired of looking at that little face...even if it is a tad crusty right now. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy. He probably saw his little life flash before his eyes. He is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! Pobre cito! My little nephew is is talented!

    ReplyDelete