Thursday, September 17, 2009

Remembering My Rock...

Today marks the one year anniversary of my grandmother's passing.
Although she is no longer with us, she is still in my thoughts. It has been kind of rough coping without her. I realize that I took her being a phone call away for granted. How convenient it was to call and talk about my stressful day, or that one time way back when, or about my tire and cavity dilemma (and how I couldn't afford to take care of both). Grandma's solution for the latter issue (with a chuckle): just fill the cavity with bubble gum and spend the money to fix your tire. That is the grandma I remember. She wasn't the elder that slowly lost her wits. Lucky for all of us, it was quite the opposite. Seemed like the older she got, the funnier she became. Sure she got around a little slower than before, but that just gave her more time to keep us up to date on community happenings or the latest Maxine saying. So I just wanted to take a little time to look back on the special woman she was and all the fun times we shared together.
I miss you dearly, grandma. Thank you for the wonderful memories. Love you always.

-Christopher


Visiting Grandma for the weekend at her place in Houston.

1 comment:

  1. You said it perfectly lil brother. I think about her all the time...especially her playfullness. Love you Grandma.

    ~Misty~
    Her little mexican grandaughter

    ReplyDelete