Tuesday, September 15, 2009

29 & Totally Fabulous

So, after much anticipation, Ryan's birthday extravaganza has finally come and gone. Everything turned out fantastic! Her room looked super cute (as shown below), the food was delicious (I'm serious, I can't get over how yummy it was), the guests were awesome and everyone had an amazing time! It was a huge treat to see Ryan so radiant and happy, surrounded by all those she loves and who love her. Chris and I had a blast chatting with her family (I can't believe I hadn't seen her mom, dad and sister in TEN YEARS) and catching up with April and Michelle, some of my old Tigerette (drill team) buddies who were unable to make the reunion. We couldn't have hoped  for a better turnout for our beautiful friend, whom we lovingly call Ray-Anne.

                               The cake!                                     

Everyone enjoying Ryan's signature drink, Ryanmopolitans!
 
                   The beautiful table decor                           
Laughing at the slideshow her sis, Summer, made
Laughing with Ryan and enjoying my tasty drink!   
The birthday gal making her wish...I hope it comes true!




Ryan- you looked gorgeous and so happy. We were honored to be included in your soiree. Everything was perfect and we hope you enjoyed your special night as much as we did! :) We love you!

Sunday:

Chris and I made our regular Austin stop to Hula Hut. I can't rave about that place enough- I absolutely love it! For those of you who haven't heard of it, H.H. is a Tex-Mex restaurant with a little Hawaiian thrown in the mix. The restaurant is located on the lake and has a nice, relaxed vibe. The salsa is probably what I look forward to the most when I visit, but if you don't like things with a touch of sweetness to it, you may not be a Hula Hut fan.

             The entrance to Hula Hut                                         
                                                                      Chris in front of the NEW covered patio
Chris getting ready to dig into his Tubular Taco!
                   
                                                                      I am a member of the "clean plate club" :)
After that, we headed to The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. This is a West Coast coffee chain that has the best blended mocha! Ryan informed me a couple months ago that one would be opening in Austin, so I couldn't resist making a pit stop there.

After getting our caffeine fix, Chris and I headed over to Ryan's place to watch her open her gifts and visit with her family a little more. I wish we could've stayed longer, but we headed home at 6:30 PM.

Ryan holding one of her gifts- one of her favorite comedians, Kathy Griffin's, new book! :)
 
So a fun weekend with our terrifc twenty-nine-year-old, Ryan. :)

PS- So, you should all know by now that I love cupcakes. Here's a cupcake stand we found on South Congress~

2 comments:

  1. HEEEEY...I dont think that tubular taco part of your weight loss program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys really need to start doing weddings...Ryans pictures came out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete