Thursday, September 3, 2009

Singing and Playing

So the weekend of August 7th - 9th was pretty busy for us! To kick off the weekend, I had a gig with my band at Watters Creek, an outdoor shopping area in Allen, TX that Friday. If you live in the North Dallas area or in the surrounding burbs, and haven't already, you should definitely check Watters Creek out. Lots of fun shops, restaurants and live music on Friday nights.

The band was set up to play outside near the creek across from some restaurants with patios and a lawn where the audience could sit, listen and have a picnic if they so desired. I was a little concerned with performing in the heat (it was 99 degrees outside that day), but we were fortunate enough to get shade from the building behind us.

I was so excited to have so many familiar faces in the audience! As much as it makes me nervous to have my friends and family in the crowd, it also makes me feel special. :) So a big thank you to all of you who went to the show. Hope you enjoyed it because we (the band) had a fantabulous time!

Julianne, McKenzie and Tyler, our adorable nieces and nephew, watching the show
Matt and Jamie Saathoff (Christopher's sis and bro-in-law), Chris' mommy, and JD and Misty Thayer (Christopher's sis and bro-in-law) sitting on the lawn during the gig
PS- I witnessed a duck murder another duck (the one I had, in the brief time we were there, deemed my favorite due to his swollen, yet cute beak that wouldn't close all the way...it gave him character). :( Chris tried to save him, but it was all in vain. The poor thing had a deformity and had to be put down that night. Poor Rupert (yes, we named him), rest in peace my little ducky friend.

Chris holding Rupert before the vet took him

Ryan came in town that weekend as well (in time to make some of the gig, too). Friday we had dinner at Cheesecake Factory (yum!) after the gig. Saturday Chris and I had Mattie's shoot in the morning so Ryan chilled out with Shamrock and began getting ready for her big photo op (a separate post for that coming soon). After her session, we rushed home, changed and met with our friend, Scott Caldwell. Scott's an old friend from high school who now lives in Plano. After hanging at the reunion a few weeks ago, we vowed to make more of an effort to see each other since we live so close to one another. Ryan's visit gave us a great excuse to reunite once again. :) Sunday I worked on Mattie's pictures and continued to finalize the details of our trip while Ryan picked out her favorite photos for her party. Later that day we all had dinner at Chuy's.

Chris and I had a great last weekend in the states with our friends and family. Ireland, Scotland and England coming up next!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment