Friday, September 4, 2009

On the Road Again...

So Chris had been going back and forth on whether he wanted to attend his high school reunion this weekend. Many of his good friends won't be attending, so that made him question if the drive was really worth our time.

To add to the "no, let's not worry about it" column, Chris got sick this week. I guess all the late nights, early mornings and spending a day or two in wet clothes from the couple big downpours we encountered on our trip led to him not feeling so well.

So on Wednesday Chris went to the doctor and luckily found it wasn't anything serious. He was prescribed two medications to help with the symptoms from the virus. One of the prescriptions caused dizziness and drowsiness, so he opted to stay and work from home on Thursday to 1) not spread the virus to his coworkers and 2) make sure he was able to rest when he needed to in order to get well. It was at that point he made the decision that it would be best for us to skip out on this year's reunion (or so I thought).

Thankfully Chris was feeling much better when I arrived from work last night. We ate hotdogs and I watched two NCAA games marking the kickoff to the college football season (YIPPIE!!!!) while Chris nodded off at around 9 PM. I asked him quite a few times before he went to sleep if he was sure he didn't want to go this weekend. I even made him send messages to his old classmates to see if others had changed their minds and were now attending.

I guess him feeling well, coupled with the thought of missing out on what could be a lot of fun with old friends, made him change his mind because this morning I was awakened by Chris with, "So, I changed my mind...we're going." So there you have it, folks! Chris and I are off to South Padre Island for the weekend.

We'll be stopping in CC tonight to sleep and drop off Shamrock and continuing our drive to Harlingen on Saturday (and also making a pit stop to King's Inn- WOO! HOO!). Barbara and Lee Guerra, Christopher's close family friends (and now mine, too), are nice enough to allow us to stay at their house in Harlingen on Saturday night, so we're making a stop there, getting ready and then heading out to South Padre for the main event! Sunday we'll be heading back to Corpus and having dinner with my family and seeing my cousin, Alex, and her husband, Dustin's, new house and then it's back to Dallas on Monday.

Whew! I'm tired just writing about this weekend! I hope all of you have a fun Labor Day weekend! Since we'll be driving a zillion miles and visiting with friends and family, I highly doubt I'll have time to fill all of you in about our vacation so ignore the previous post from earlier this morning- I promise I'll get to it when I have a spare second! Have a great one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment