Sunday, September 27, 2009

More Rooms, More Problems

So, I knew going into it that furnishing our house would be a daunting task. What I didn't know was
  1. how much furniture actually costs
  2. how many pieces are really needed to fill a room
  3. how many different styles there are
  4. how none of them are exactly what I'm looking for... :(
I've been driving Chris nuts with the decorating (or lack thereof) of our house. I can't seem to make up my mind about what to do in each of the rooms! I'm totally overwhelmed and not sure where to really begin. Poor Chris is ready to get moving and I'm dragging my feet because I'm so indecisive.

Christopher asked if we could please try and make some progress this past weekend and I begrudgingly agreed. So furniture shopping we went...

Surprisingly, we made a few decisions! We purchased a console table for our hallway and we selected our dining chairs and bedroom furniture. Now we're just waiting to see fabric samples for the chairs and then, once that's done, we'll place our order for both.

Even though we have SO much more to do, I feel like some of the weight has been lifted. My next move is to pick the fabric for the drapes and the paint color for our bedroom so we can have at least one room done. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment