Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sweet Tooth

Lately (and by lately I mean since the new year began), I've been craving sweets. Now, I'm not saying that I did not indulge in desserts often last year, but so far in 2010 I've been obsessed! It's almost to the point where if I eat anything, I need some sort of sweet to devour after.

It was innocent at first- a cookie after lunch, one piece of my Dove dark chocolate candy when I arrived home from work, an ice cream cone after dinner- but it has begun to get out of control. To illustrate how fixated I've become on dessert, here's a story from a few weeks ago:
I was driving home on a Friday night when the idea popped in my head that a dark chocolate pecan caramel apple would be SO yummy. I somehow convinced myself I didn't need the apple and went home instead. Later that evening, Chris and I decided to pick something up for dinner. After getting our meal, on our way back home, the craving struck me again, but harder. After convincing Chris that my craving for this apple would not subside, we headed to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory where I claimed my prize. :)

I've been spoiling myself with other goodies as well. Here are some of the usual suspects:

Sprikles Cupcakes (this is an exact replica of the one Chris got for me on Friday)
 
 My Dove dark chocolates (although mine have pecan pieces)
Dessert at every place we dine out
(the amazing Pappasito's capirotada)
Drumstick Ice Cream Cones
(I was eating the snack sized ones, but I've found these to be more satisfying) 
Great...now I'm ready for something sweet again...
I'm ready to get a handle on this addiction, but not quite sure when I'll actually follow through. ;) Wish me luck on kicking this habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment