Friday, February 5, 2010

10 Years...

since Chris asked me to be his girlfriend. I know what you're thinking- you guys still celebrate the day you became a couple? To be honest, we sort of do. Not in the, hey we need to do something really special, way, but more of, wow, we've been together __ many years. :)

I still can't believe it when I say it out loud- 10 years. 10 years ago Chris stopped by my dorm to say goodbye as he was leaving for Mexico with his fraternity. Before he left, he stopped and asked me, "Will you be my girlfriend?" How many guys, before going out on a crazy night with his friends, asks someone to be exclusive?! I knew he was a keeper. ;) And that's how it all began- us as a formally labeled couple.

Here are a couple of photos from our first year together:

Chris and I in front of the Alamo (can't you tell?) in the spring of 2000

With Tony the Tiger in the Commons Dining Hall (the very same dining hall where Chris first saw me) at SWT (now known as Texas State) in the Spring of 2000

And here we are in 2010. So much is different, yet many things have remained the same. We are still those silly kids trying to figure out life as we go along. I'm the same quirky, outspoken, spunky gal I was when we met and he's still the sweet, funny, outgoing guy I fell in love with.

So after 10 full years, I'm couldn't be happier to still have my "boyfriend" by my side. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment