Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mind the Gap

It's officially done. I've got a nice, big hole in the middle of my lower jaw to prove it. The tooth removal was a success yesterday.

According to my dentist (while I was getting the procedure done, mind you), my tooth didn't come out without a fight. In fact, in Dr. Mason's words, "It really doesn't want to come out, does it?"

Yeeeeah...not something you want to hear while having your tooth pulled. It took everything I had to stay calm, keep my eyes closed and just let her finish.

Afterwards, Chris picked me up and took me home. He had to go back to work, so he made sure to pick up something soft for me to eat (mashed potatoes from KFC) and put it in the fridge so I could warm it up when I was ready. Chris really was great about the whole thing; he helped with my PJs, let Shamrock out and made sure he had everything he needed (so he didn't bother me too much) and tucked me in for a nap.

After he left, I put on the Olympics and dozed off within minutes. I woke up around 4:30 PM and attempted to eat some of the mashed potatoes, but that didn't go over so well. Not to gross anyone out, but I began bleeding soon after I took my first bite so I promptly lost my appetite. After that, I just relaxed, fell in and out of sleep and waited for Chris to come home.

It was a rough day, but not nearly as bad as I anticipated. On the whole, I found the experience to be fairly trouble-free. I did as I was instructed and ended up with less pain than I projected. I was only sore for a little while today so I was able to enjoy the lovely weather and have a fun day with my hubby.

Thanks to everyone for your concern and kind words. Your positive thoughts really helped me through the whole experience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment