Monday, July 13, 2009

Sunday Fun with Dave and Andrea

So, after all the craziness that has been the month of June, Chris and I have finally been able to take a minute to relax. :)

Saturday we spent our day at home. I watched "Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone" on TV (and caught a nap in the middle of it) while Chris put our gameroom media console together. It was so nice to just do whatever we wanted and not have somewhere we had to be or something we HAD to do...

Saturday night we headed to the Irish Rover for my band's show. Even though this gig wasn't quite as crazy as the last, we still had a good time. I also learned that taking shots before singing equals bad vocals. :/ Oh, well...you live and you learn. ;)

Sunday Chris, Shamrock and I headed to Ft. Worth to have lunch with our friends, Dave and Andrea. It's been quite some time since we all had a chance to hang out, so I was really excited to catch up! Since we were headed up there to eat, Chris and I decided to leave the house early and visit the Stockyards to see if we could catch the cattle drive. We actually made it on time and watched as the longhorns walked by...all two minutes of it. Although it went by quickly, I'm still glad we were able to see it...finally.

Then we were off to Joe T. Garcia's to meet Dave and Andrea! It was so great to be able to see them again- it really had been too long since we'd last hung out. I'm happy to report that they're expecting their first child (a girl they're naming Violet Claire) in October! I knew Andrea was expecting, but it didn't fully set in until I saw her cute baby bump. She is such a pretty pregnant lady...and SO tiny for being five months along (I swear she looks like she's barely in her third month!). Chris and I really enjoyed our time with them and can't wait to do it again soon! :)

PS- I did a mini-photo shoot of the two of them and will have the photos posted on the blog soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment