Monday, July 27, 2009

Carroll High School Class of '99 Reunion...and Mom's Kidney Stones

This past weekend was my 10 year reunion (that's right...it's been 10 whole years since my high school graduation...wow)! I was a little worried Chris would get bored or I would run out of people to talk to, but we had a blast!

Everything kicked off Friday night when we met people at a club called Aria. Seeing as Chris and I had to drive into Corpus from Dallas that afternoon, we got to the bar a little later than I would've wanted, but we still had plenty of time to get reacquainted with old buddies. Friday was so much fun, I couldn't wait for Saturday night!

Chris and I got to the Ortiz Center early to help set up that last-minute details for the reunion (like blowing up the balloons), changed and were ready to party. The entire room looked great! The two gals, Amy and Jessica, did a fantastic job making all the decorations and getting everything organized.

I really can't express how great it was seeing so many familiar faces and hearing what everyone has been doing over the last ten years. For the most part, everyone looked the same...just a little more polished. ;) Chris enjoyed meeting all my fellow Tigers and made a few friends of his own.

Overall, a truly awesome time with my 99ers- completely surpassed all my expectations! Can't wait for the next reunion! :)

Ryan and I working the sign-in table

The reunion committee- Ryan, Amy, Jessica, Luis, Kristin and me!The Tigerette group shot~
My hubby and I at the reunion
Michelle, Ryan and I at Havana (the after reunion party)

So, here I was thinking this was an amazing weekend and then *dun, dun, dun* my mom had kidney stones. Yup, she and I were talking about the reunion on Sunday when all of the sudden she said her side was hurting. She tried to wait it out, but it only got worse, so we took her to the emergency room. When they said it was kidney stones, I was relieved to know it wasn't something more serious. Thankfully, she was able to pass the stone later that day so she didn't have to suffer for very long.

So, aside from my mom dealing with that awful pain and scaring me...the weekend was a success. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment