Sunday, July 19, 2009

Baking Bites

For those of you who know me, you know I despise cooking, however, I LOVE to bake. Since Chris and I have been so busy, I haven't had a chance to share a few of the treats I've made over the past few months. Below are some pictures of the goodies I've made for various occasions~

My flag cake for our "After the Wedding" breakfast on July 5th. It's a coconut cake with cool whip instead of icing. I'd never made a coconut cake and was worried about how it would turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised- it was so yummy!!! :)
Chris and I were invited to our first neighborhood party (held on June 13th) and were told there would be quite a few kids in attendance, so I wanted to bring something fun for them to eat. The day before the party, Martha Stewart was on the Today Show showcasing some neat ideas for cupcakes. One that Martha mentioned was an ice cream cupcake! That dessert looked so cute I just knew that would be the perfect thing to take to the party! When I got home on Friday, I googled other recipes and decided to do my own interpretation. Here are the results~

It's a strawberry cupcake with Wilton's whipped icing and a few pink sprinkles on top of regular ice cream cones.

Chris made the icing while I made the cupcakes, so we made a great team getting these done in time for the party. :) We had 24 cupcake cones total.

Easter cupcakes! I absolutely LOVE making these. My mom used to make them for me to take to my class when I was in elementary school and they always received rave reviews. I just think they're adorable...plus I love coconut and the "grass" shavings are so tasty!
Even though I didn't have any kids to make these for, I decided to make a few for Chris and I to take to work. I'll look for any excuse to make a cute cupcake. ;)

Now that we have a real kitchen, I look forward to all the fun new treats I can whip up! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jocelyn, you need to make your Best baked
    Goods that Chris can't resist, so he can become a little more blumped for our Biggest Loser contest. He'll be the loser and i'll be the winner!!! BTW, the Cake looks freakin awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete