Saturday, July 18, 2009

Moving On Up...

I mentioned I would work to catch up on the updates, so here's one attempt to keep my promise. :)

On May 28th, Chris and I met Mary Jane Carlino (our realtor) to sign all the papers to close on our house. I was a little nervous since everyone said there were a zillion papers to sign and that unexpected requests can sometimes come up, but we were pleasantly surprised...it wasn't too bad!

Looking everything over...
So, after months and months of looking for our first home, Chris and I were finally able to sign the papers to make our home legally ours! :)

Our first photo as "official" homeowners
Of course when you get a new place to live, the inevitable must occur...moving. Ugh...after years of moving in and out of apartments, the one thing that kept me going was knowing this would be the last time I would have to move for AT LEAST five years (at least, that's the hope).

Chris and I were lucky to have the help of my parents and many of our friends with this move. We rented a U-Haul truck, loaded it up and headed from Dallas to McKinney within and hour and a half and unloading the truck took a little over half an hour...not too shabby if you ask me. :)

Our full U-Haul truck...it was supposed to be enough for a three bedroom place. Obviously, they were wrong since Chris and I moved from a one bedroom apartment...

Some of the moving crew- My dad, Shamrock, Chris and our friends, Adam and Justin- before we began unloading the truck

Almost the entire moving group-our friends, Justin, Adam, Gene and Mary Jane Carlino, my parents, Shamrock, me and Chris- in front of our new house. Missing from this photo are Casey, Stephanie and their daughter, Arabella Holland (they helped load, but made it to the house after we finished unloading)
Since they didn't make the group shot, I still wanted to show the Holland family since they were such a great help that day. :)
Miss Arabella
Arabella, Casey and Stephanie Holland
Thanks, again, to all of our friends for all of their help with our move! We really couldn't have done it all in one day without you! :)

Thank you, Mary Jane, for all of your hard work on getting us our first home. Even though we made you look at what was probably over fifty houses (no exaggeration there) you never made us feel like we were putting you out. You were a great realtor and we can't wait to give you more business. :) Thanks, also, to both you and Gene for your help moving as well as for all of the wonderful things you've done for us...we are truly grateful.

Thank you to my parents for driving all the way from Corpus just to come help us pack and be there for our big move, along with cleaning the apartment. It really meant so much to have you both there for this milestone in Chris' and my life. Thanks to Christopher's mom for your help with cleaning, too! Because of everyone's efforts on Sunday, we were able to clean that entire apartment in three hours flat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment