Friday, April 24, 2009

Our House!!!!

So last I left off, Chris and I had decided to put in an offer on a house we had been looking at for some time. It took our families giving us their blessing and approval to help us feel like we were making the right decision.

Tuesday, April 14th:

Chris and Mary Jane had already put the terms of the offer together and were making sure most of our requests were met. Once we felt comfortable, we set the time to meet with the builder's sales associate. Chris and I met Mary Jane at the builder's sales office to meet with Chad, the sales associate, and sign a contract.

It was a little shaky for a while because I didn't understand everything that went into an offer and all the little fees that can be tacked on. For a minute there I was seriously thinking of just tearing up the contract and walking out, but this house was one of the few that met most of our criteria.

At that point, I decided not to be a "flake" and sign the papers. I'm always nervous when it comes to making long-term commitments. Something about saying I will do something and not have an option of taking it back without consequence is so difficult for me. I totally get that from my dad. ;)

But when all was said and done, Chris and I signed the contract, it was accepted and now we're on our way to buying our first home!!!! We're scheduled to close on May 22nd (the Friday before Memorial Day).


*Photo courtesy of our friend (and soon-to-be neighbor), Elaine, who happened to be driving by with her husband, Geoff, and offered to take our picture. Thanks!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! Do write more about your experience once you get the house. I am sure it would be an interesting experience for you guys!!! Cheers once again

    ReplyDelete