Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Parents Weekend!

March 26th- 29th:

We hadn't seen my parents since Christmas, so they decided to make the trip up to Dallas to visit us. I took the day off on Friday, so my mom, dad and I slept in (a little) and then shopped for a little bit until Chris joined us in the afternoon. We enjoyed an afternoon movie ("Knowing") and then went to Northpark for MORE shopping. ;) At the mall, they had a red carpet display, so we thought we'd take advantage...

Mom and Dad on the red carpet
Chris and I
Chris and I have been scouting houses recently, so we took my parents out Saturday morning to see some of the neighborhoods we liked. We had a great time driving around and checking out all of the houses, but more importantly enjoyed the quality time we all spent together. :)

Saturday night Genepool Band performed at the Irish Rover, so we spent the evening there for some food, fun and great music. I have to admit, performing for my parents always makes me a little nervous. Overall, though, I think the band performed well and my family had fun. It was also Dan (the bass player) and his wife, Sheri's, 10th wedding anniversary so all of Dan's family made it to the gig, too. It was truly a family night at the Rover! :)

Below are a few pictures from the show:

Mom and Dad at the gig
Christopher Gene, Dan and True jammin' out!
Singing with the band
The entire Genepool Band!
We were so glad my parents were able to make it up to visit! I'm so happy they had a chance to see the band, see the houses we were interested in and just be there to spend time with us. We can't wait until their next visit!!!

Love you, mom and dad!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment