Thursday, April 2, 2009

Shamrock's 6th Birthday! :)

As you can see, I'm going a little out of sequence with our updates. I promise, once I get caught up, everything will go in order. :)

Tuesday, March 17th:

St. Patrick's Day isn't one of my favorite days just because of the color green or my love all things Irish... it's ALSO my furry son's birthday!!! That's right! My adorable, little Shamrock is now in his sixth year of life. It really seems like he's been here forever, but when I say the word six out loud I can hardly believe it's been that long!

This birthday was extra special for Shamrock because he got to spend the entire day with his daddy. :) Chris had a day left from 2008 that he hadn't used, so he chose Shammy's big day as his day off.

It was a warm, sunny afternoon so Chris and I decided to take Shamrock on a picnic during my lunch break from work. Chris and Shamrock picked me up from work, we picked up our food and grabbed some chicken nuggets for Shammy and all headed to a park. He had a great time sniffing and peeing everywhere and really enjoyed his chicken nuggets- he ate all five of them!

For Shamrock's last birthday surprise, Chris stopped at Sprinkles Cupcakes and picked up two "doggie" cupcakes for him. :) All in all, I think he had a great day...or at least we hope he did!!!

Below are some photos of him on his b-day~


Shamrock on the table during our picnic lunch

At first Shamrock was a little hesitant to try one, so he went for the plate first...

When he finally realized what they were...he went for it! Look at those crazy eyes!! ;)

Like most dogs, he got a little protective of his birthday treat and thought Chris and I were trying to take it from him so he tried to run off with one in his mouth!

Shamrock wasn't the only one to get a treat. Chris was sweet enough to pick some up for us, too. Since it was St. Pat's Day, they had two special flavors available. The one below is dark chocolate with Bailey's Irish Cream cheese icing with a perfect little clover to top it off. YUM!

We didn't have milk on Shamrock's birthday, so I had to save my cupcake for later. Ended up eating it after our Ft. Worth trip and it was sooooo good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment