Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Where Did 2011 Go?


Happy new year, my friends! I hope everyone had a fun (and safe) time ringing in 2012! 

So another year has come and gone and I would like to take a moment to recap what happened in 2011 (especially since I was such a HORRIBLE blogger). So many amazing times this year, so I thought I should highlight a few in order by month:
January brought us a snowfall that we, Texans, are not accustomed to seeing. This (unlike pretty much everything else), was nicely documented on the blog, which you can see here
In February, Chris and I celebrated 11 years as a couple. Still sounds strange to say out loud, and even more so that in a month we'll be celebrating 12 years. Woooooooow. 
In March, our one and only son, Shamrock, turned 8~ 
I never tire of looking at that adorable face...
April marked our second Easter at Chateau J&C. I cannot wait for the day the rest of my family makes the trip to celebrate a holiday at our home...or at least come visit. :)
With my parents on Easter Sunday
In May, we, along with my parents, went to the Big 12 baseball tournament in Oklahoma City to cheer on our Horns. 
Chris and I didn't take a photo, but here's one of my parents rooting for the Horns
June was somewhat uneventful. I say that because neither Chris nor I can recall anything of interest occurring...oops. :)
July was my Dad's big 60th birthday. My mom decided to throw a 60's themed surprise party. She did an amazing job keeping the entire bash from him and we managed to stay hidden until the party so everything was a total surprise. This was a huge milestone birthday and I'm so glad Chris and I were able to help my Dad celebrate.
My fab family- 60s style
August was a busy month! It kicked off with our 3rd wedding anniversary. We celebrated by finishing up our trip planning/bookings (more info on our trip below).
Our next August event was a bridal shower for my beautiful friend, Ryan. I, along with her sis and another friend, hosted the soiree. Here's a shot of the hostesses with beautiful bride-to-be~
You can't see the decor or food, but it was so cute
The next big event was our nephew, Jack's, first birthday. Another milestone birthday Chris and I were lucky to be a part of this year. How cute is this little guy?!
Someone got a big kick out of his birthday cake
To cap off a crazy August, Chris and I set off on our annual Euro trip! We started in romantic Prague, moved on to Vienna, Salzburg and Innsbruck in Austria (all beautiful!), made a stop in Germany for a day to see Neuschwanstein Castle and then headed to Switzerland. We stopped in Zermatt to try to see the Matterhorn, spent some time in charming Lauterbrunnen, made our way to see Jungfraujoch, enjoyed peaceful Lucerne and wrapped up our Swiss trip in Zurich. We made a pit stop in Amsterdam for a night and then flew back to the States on September 11th. Chris and I loved our time in Europe and hope to return later this year. :)- Fingers crossed!
Chris on the famous Charles Bridge in Prague
Chris and I in the gardens of Schoenbrunn Palace in Vienna 
Chris atop Geireck peak on the Untersberg Mountain in Austria
At Neuschwanstein Castle
Showing my disappointment with our detour to Zermatt.
The weather conditions kept the Matterhorn hidden behind clouds the entire time we were there. :(
One of the cutest places we've ever stayed- Lauterbrunnen
 Our hotel room had a balcony looking out to the main waterfall (the one shown in this pic)
On the "Top of Europe"- the peak at Jungfraujoch, Switzerland
Feeding the swans in Lucerne
Overlooking Zurich with my favorite travel buddy
Amsterdam's "fun" area ;)
Chris took another trip in September, but this time for work. He was able to semi-explore the rainy city of Seattle. It was just a quick jaunt, but he was able to visit what our dear friend Bruce refers to as "the mothership"~
Chris at the very first Starbucks at Pike Place
October 1st was the big day for our friends, Ryan and Rusty. Chris and I were the official photographers, making this our official first wedding gig. It was a nerve-racking time for both of us (you don't want to be the people responsible for ruining someone's wedding memories), but it was worth it in the end to see our amazing friends get their happily ever afters. Here's a shot of the cute couple~
November is my birthday month. Chris treated me to a day of pampering and indulgence (I had at least five different birthday desserts including a pumpkin soufflé). The celebration continued into the weekend when we met my parents in Austin to see a Longhorns football game.
Cheering on our Horns against K State…too bad it wasn't enough. ;)
December is Chris's b-day month. We celebrated his special day hanging out with his family and watching football…just like he wanted. :)
My handsome hubby his family (missing his older sis)
December is also my Mommy's birthday month and she, like my Dad, turned the big 6-0 this year. I was able to convince them to come up here to celebrate and my Dad and I did our best to make this milestone one of her all-time favorites. So grateful I was able to spend this amazing day with my wonderful mother who, by the way, looks sensational for 60. :)
As soon as the clock struck midnight, we celebrated 60 years of greatness :)
And lastly, we spent our holidays in C.C. (as usual). We were fortunate enough to spend quality of time with BOTH sides of our families and had a fantastic time doing it. :)
Our annual Christmas photo in front of my parents' fireplace
 So, as I type this, I completely understand how 2011 whizzed by- our year was jam-packed! My one crisis (or what I considered a crisis) was when my external hard drive crashed and I lost all of our images over the last two years (which included all of our Europe trips). And if that's the worst thing to happen to us over a year, I'll take it. :)

I hope you all had a wonderful 2011 and that 2012 is eeeeeeeeven better. :) 
  Oh, and I promise I'll be updating the blog more than last year. Shouldn't be too difficult. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to blogging! I am super jealous of your trip!

    ReplyDelete