Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowy Sunday

This past Sunday was one of those lazy days where you can enjoy just being. It started with my sweet hubby placing a mocha from Starbucks on my nightstand. I guess Shamrock moved around when he was to leaving because something woke me up right as he was trying to slip out unnoticed. Since we were both awake, we popped in a movie and enjoyed our coffee together.When the movie ended, I looked out our window and discovered snow! Large flakes had created a blanket of white on the rooftops and lawns. Chris then made us breakfast and a fire for us to enjoy. After relaxing for a bit longer and watching football, we decided to go out and play. We bundled ourselves up and made our way outdoors. Here are a few shots from our terrific time-

Snow slam!
You really can't tell how deep I'm into the snow unless you look at my legs...
Father and son
Chris and I may have loved the snow, but Shamrock was not a fan- that's too bad because he looks oh-so-cute covered in it!
Our family photo in front of our house. :)
When we got back inside, Chris and Shamrock took a warm bath while I warmed up by the fire. We spent the rest of the day cuddled up on the couch. Wait. Let me clarify that last sentence. I spent the rest of the day nice and cozy on the couch. Chris got up a couple of times to make us dinner (yummy fajitas) and, for dessert, Mexican hot chocolate with whipped cream.

To sum everything up, it was the perfect day. Beautiful scenery both outside and in (we still have all of our indoor Christmas lights and decor up) and quality time with my amazing husband and son made me beyond happy. I never wanted the day to end, to be honest; I even stayed up late so I could draw it out a little more. ;) So if this weekend is any indication as to how 2011 will be...I'm ready! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment