Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sinking to Their Level



That's right. If Nick Saban thought it necessary to run up the score for no apparent reason, then I don't feel like being a gracious loser. With less than 2 minutes left in the game and Alabama up by 10 points, there was no need for Saban to allow his team to try for another score. UT freshman backup quarterback, Garrett Gilbert, was sacked within 10 yards of Alabama's end zone, which forced a fumble that (unfortunately) Alabama recovered within the 5 yard line. At that point, the game was theirs. I know why they went for the extra score (to make it appear that the game wasn't as close as it actually was), but that doesn't excuse him for his actions. Saban has no class and neither do Alabama fans that stand by his unsportmanlike decision. Okay. I think I said what I needed to say. I'm done venting...for now. ;)

Now, I would like to say one thing positive about the game. I would like to commend my Longhorns for their great effort. The entire team definitely looked confused and upset after McCoy's injury and the first half stats tell that story. But I'm so proud of how they came out in the second half. The defense made the necessary stops in the third quarter to keep the game within reach. The offense was able to bring us within three with three minutes left. Unfortunately turnovers (because of silly mistakes) led to our demise. Overall, though, we showed great heart by coming out and giving our all out there. I love my Longhorns and can't wait to see what they do next year.

Hook 'em!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment