Thursday, January 28, 2010

One Week Down...

only fifty-six left to go! ;)

As promised, I'm giving an update on my Invisalign experience thus far. As I stated in my initial post, the adjustment was greater than I anticipated. However, I have adapted quite well, if I do say so myself.

So here are some of the "adjustments":
  • The soreness I felt on my teeth completely faded by Saturday afternoon
  • Taking my aligners in and out has become increasingly easier (but has not become any less of a nuisance)
  • I now have to carry a cup with me so I can place my aligners in warm water while they're out of my mouth. Convenient, right?! (Hopefully you caught my sarcasm)
I do have some good news, though...

Meet my aligners' new best friends!
On top is Retainer Brite, the daily aligner cleaner to keep them clear, germ free and fresh. Below that is Sonic Brite, a deep cleaning machine to help if any stains or cloudiness occurs. I'm so excited I found these products because I was worried my trays might begin to look old, dingy and be embarrassing to wear. Now I'm a little more confident I can get through this process with my dignity still intact.

I may still have a slight lisp, but I'm getting used to it (well, I'm coming to terms with it, at least). One year with a speech impediment isn't so bad...right?

Stay tuned for more updates... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment