Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ready for Roses...


The day has finally arrived! The Texas Longhorns' season comes down to this final, important game. It's been building since last summer. UT was expected to make it to the BCS Championship game but, with so much pressure on them to do so, I was almost sure they would drop the ball somewhere. Thankfully, they lived up to expectation and, as predicted, are in Pasadena to play the biggest game of their lives.

When I think about the scenario, it really feels like déjà vu. On January 4, 2006, UT played in what I consider to be the greatest game in college football history. The Longhorns faced the top-ranked USC Trojans and were considered the underdogs from the start. In other words, UT was the poor lamb sent to slaughter. Reggie Bush, a running back for USC was awarded the Heisman Trophy for the year while Vince Young, the UT quarterback who had an outstanding season (one of legend), was denied. The outcome of that game, my friends- Texas 41, USC 38.



Well, this year's matchup is eerily similar. The Longhorns are predicted to lose to a strong Alabama team. Colt McCoy was a Heisman Candidate, but lost to Mark Ingram, a running back for the Tide. UT is back in Pasadena, California in the Rose Bowl. It can't all just be coincidence, can it? Four year later, history could repeat itself. My hope is that it does and my Texas Longhorns come away with the crystal ball...again...



The game starts at 7 PM CST on ABC. I'll be watching, hoping and praying that UT can pull out the win.
If you're a Longhorn fan, get your horns up!!! :)

See...even Saban wants us to win. ;)

Hook 'Em!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your post! January 4, 2006 is tied with my wedding day as the happiest day of my life!

    ReplyDelete