Monday, February 13, 2012

Veggie Tale

So, as of late September, Chris and I have made the choice to no longer eat meat. It all started with a photo I took of Shamrock on my phone. He was laying on his back and had his legs in the air. In this particular photo, his little back legs resembled chicken wings! At that moment, it struck me and this picture sums it up-
I immediately began doing research on how to become a vegetarian and what steps I needed to take to do so. After reading a few articles, I called Chris and informed him of my decision and explained my rationale. Of course, being the amazing hubby he is, Chris promised to support me. I did not intend to stop eating meat "cold-turkey" initially. However, once that realization hit me, I no longer wanted to eat another animal. After a few days, Chris joined me in this journey and we've been meat-free since. To be clear, I'm not sharing this to convert anyone to vegetarianism. This blog is a window to our life and, since September, this has been a big change in our lives so I wanted to share. I do not know if this choice will become a permanent one, but, when I see the photo above, I certainly hope it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment