Sunday, February 5, 2012

It All Started With a Question



12 years ago, Chris asked me something no other guy (outside of elementary school) had ever asked me. That very question was, "Will you be my girlfriend?" It was such a sweet moment. Me being me, however, I couldn't help but laugh because it was so unexpected. Not that I didn't see us being exclusive, I just didn't anticipate him actually asking me to be his girlfriend. It was almost as if he asked if I wanted to go steady. ;)  I, obviously, said yes and the rest is history. I love celebrating this anniversary, almost more than our wedding anniversary since this is where it all began. I will always cherish the moment that skinny, funny guy asked me to be his girlfriend in my dorm room…and then headed to Mexico with his fraternity. Yup, true story. At least I knew he wouldn't do anything silly. After all, he was my boyfriend. ;) Happy 12 years together, babe! I love you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment