Monday, August 3, 2009

Having Our Cake and Eating It, Too!

Although I had been warned by a few married friends that the whole experience was overrated, I still wanted to save the top tier of our wedding cake and eat it on our first anniversary. I mean, come on...it's tradition! So Chris and I stuck to our guns and kept our cake in our freezer for the entire year.

Yesterday being our big day, we were finally able to see how the cake held up over the past year. I was worried about how it would look after being thawed, but I was pleasantly surprised with how well preserved it was. See for yourself~



So being the "photo whore" that I am, I suggested we set up the camera and take a few photos to capture this momentous occasion. Below are photos from our little cake shoot. :)

Our official anniversary photo
Digging in
Our cheesy shot...I'm not ashamed of it ;)

To all those yet to be married readers, I would definitely recommend keeping the top tier of your cake, if at all possible. Ours was actually still pretty tasty and it was nice to be able to, literally, have a piece of something from our wedding day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment