Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Gig and Photo Shoot #2- Cohen!

April 24th- 26th:

This was a very busy weekend for us! On Friday, we met Christopher's mom, his Aunt Iris and Uncle Gilbert, and his cousin, Sonia, and her son, Caleb, at Babe's Chicken in Carrollton for dinner. We loooooove going to Babe's- it's Southern home cooking with all of the fixin's. ;) After dinner, Chris, his mom and I decided to go see "State of Play". The movie was interesting and definitely kept you guessing. Would recommend if you like political suspense movies. :)

Christopher's mom and Shamrock hanging on the couch

Saturday morning we helped Kyle move out of his apartment. Note to self- do NOT help someone move the same day I have a gig. That night Genepool band had a gig at the Irish Rover in Frisco. I was SOOOOO exhausted from that morning that I really didn't have my best performance. In fact, during the last set, I think was asleep for almost half of it! Still had fun, though! We're playing there again on May 30th and I'll definitely be awake for that one. :)

Genepool~
Christine, Sheri and Mary Jane :)

On Sunday, Chris, Shamrock and I met with my friend and co-worker, Erin, her husband, DJ and their son, Cohen, for a photo shoot at Serenity Park in McKinney! Yup, my second official shoot! :) I was so excited to have this opportunity to practice a little more, especially since Cohen is at that age where he is just out to have fun and isn't aware of the camera.
This shoot taught me that little boys are definitely full of energy! Cohen loved running around, tossing his little football. He was shy at first, always clinging to Erin, but after about 15 minutes (and getting his football) he was all set to have a great time. This was a photo shoot/ workout for me. Cohen never really stood in one place too long, which made for more interesting photos (at least, in my opinion). The big lesson for this shoot- when working with younger kids, use a super-fast shutter speed. :)
Thanks to the Jones family for spending the afternoon with us and letting us snap some shots of your cute, little guy!!!!
Below are photos from the shoot (more will be loaded to my Smugmug account later...will post the link when done):





Family portrait...yes, that background is totally real and in the same park!



No comments:

Post a Comment