Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Past Weekend Activities...

So, I'm not doing very well with this whole blog thing so far, I guess. Chris and I have done lots of things over the past few weeks, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to update everyone. :)

Saturday, March 14th:

Chris, myself and our friends went to the annual Dallas St. Patrick's Day Parade on Greenville Avenue. Before the parade begins, The Dallas Food Bank hosts a 5k run and Chris and our friend, Kyle, both participated. Once their run ended, I picked them up, they changed and we headed back to Greenville to get a good spot for the parade.

We set up a table so everyone could begin playing the drinking game, Flip Cup, and managed to get a decent view of the parade. This was the first time I was able to watch the floats go by and they were pretty impressive! I was suprised how many organizations participated especially considering the weather. I haven't mentioned this, but it's a very important point- it was SO cold that day! I was shivering pretty much the entire time and could barely feel my hands. As much fun as it was to see everything and people-watch, I honestly couldn't wait to get to a warm place.

Overall, though, we had a great time! After the parade, we ate lunch and headed to Kyle's house to continue the party. We spent the entire day just hanging out with our friends and enjoying their company. Can't wait to do it all again next year...but with nicer weather. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment